I really am. I know my husband hates to go places. He has never done anything to make me think otherwise. He has, since the day we met been a homebody type person. Normally I am too. I don't like to travel far from home, I am not a huge fan of crowds (with the exception of being full to over flowing with excitement about Leaky Con next month), and in general I just don't like people.
That being said, we went to my mothers wedding back in Feb (Valentines Day to be exact, and I will take this chance to say I think that is a really cheesy day to get married). This marriage gave me not only got a Dad but 4 sisters, 1 brother, 2 brothers-in-law, 6 nephews and a niece or nephew still cooking (1 sister & a BIL and 4 of the nephews were not able to make it so I still look forward to meeting them in person). We had a good time with the siblings that were there. Jay even got a little drunk with them playing drinking games. It was nice and we figured with them we could see getting together again for family hoot nannys (or is that nannies?).
Well this weekend is Easter and we were invited. I was not sure I wanted to go and knew he wanted to stay home. But being the girl I am...yep I changed my mind. Now I want to go, and he is not saying I can't. As an aside he never stops me from doing things I want unless they are going to cause bodily harm, and since I am a big chicken and hate dangerous things, he is all for making sure I can do what I want to do (like the above mentioned Leaky Con). Thing is he wants to stay home and I want him to come with us. And here is where I become the bad wife.
I think he is going to go because I guess I kind of gave him some attitude about it last night. Then I got all quiet. I think he hates that worse then when I give him 'tude because at least 'tude he can fight against. The sad, quiet me sort of seems to leave him defenseless then he gets defensive. I try to be good and not use this fact to get my way. But as he talked about not wanting to go I really was getting sad and a bit angry too. The felt guilty for feeling those things.
Ok so this is getting long and I am starting to sound whiny...But he saying he would love to have some peace and quite and how he never gets that bothered me. I am not sure what he thinks I do when he is at work and the kids are at school because I do not sit around and eat Bon Bon's and relax. I only have 2 hours a day with no kids and I use that to do my running around so I can shop or what ever without screaming kids begging for stuff. Also, even when he is home I do 99.9% of the child care stuff, like ask him how many diapers he has changed...Ok see there I go...I am nit picking...and hence my feeling like a bad wife.
Then if he goes, as he will if I force it, I will spend the entire time walking on egg shells and trying to keep it pleasant for him so he wont be mad that he is there...Urgh...
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment