WHAT A WEEKEND THIS WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you know we didn't do much for my birthday 2 weeks ago because I was waiting to splurge during my time in NYC with Eileen & Ann (who was here from Chicago & I haven't seen since Leaky Con in May 2009). I met Ann's Rick, who I knew from the LOST chat us girls had was a very funny guy, and he is super nice and very funny & snarky (my favorite kind of person).
Jay came with me Sat. into the city where we met Eileen, Ann & Rick at Eileen's. I took this day trip with the full understanding I was going to eat whatever the heck I wanted and LOVE EVERY BITE!!! Our first stop was Lime Jungle. Jay had guacamole (which I love but haven't had since starting losing weight) for the first time. It was so yummy. We didn't get to have the short rib tacos, which I hear are awesome, since they were all out but our meal was very very good (and they are so cheap for NYC). We plan on going back.
Then we walked around the city, checking out Times Square, where we all were extremely traumatized by the sight of The Naked Cowgirl. Let's just say it made us all squirm and still makes me shudder to think about her saggy old lady boobs (no offense to old lady boobs, but if you have them you don't stand in the street showing them off to unsuspecting passerby).
We made our way to Rockefeller Center where we met up with Rick's friend Babak and his very lovely girlfriend Farnaz (who wrote a book (PLUG ALERT!) called Waiting For An Ordinary Day I am waiting to get my hands on and Ann says is really a good read). I had my first Martini and we had a great time relaxing and talking.
A walk back to Eileen's for birthday celebrating followed and I had THE MOST AMAZING cupcake (Ann, am I wrong?). I am not ashamed to say I ate the whole thing!!! Not long after Jay & I headed back to NJ after being there all day. I was sad to leave and my awesome hubby knew it.
So on Sunday morning he asked if I was going back and after a little of me thinking and wanting to and feeling bad for ditching the family I went back by myself and spent the ENTIRE DAY with them. We walked for HOURS!!! I mean HOURS....Which made me feel like I could have another splurge food day. We went to the Museum of Natural History (which was filled with TWSS funnies over bone size) an trekked around Central Park. My food splurge was a Shack Burger & Chocolate Frozen Custard with chocolate toffee from The Shake Shack.
We spent the end of the evening back at Eileen's where she told us the funniest story (or so I thought at the time, but now it turns out Ann & I owe her an apology) about why she keeps a radio on her toilet seat when no one is using it. She said she was worried about rats coming up through it and into her apartment. We teased her terribly and laughed so hard over this. Then I get home and ask Jay if he noticed the radio when he was there the day before, he says yes, I ask if he can guess why it is there, and without a laugh he says rats. RATS!!! Turns out this is a real worry in NYC?!?! Uhm ewwww......
So Eileen I am so sorry for teasing you, well I enjoy teasing you my love, but I am sorry about teasing you on this subject!!! I love you!!!
This weekend was the best birthday gift Jay could have given me!!!!
Oh and speaking of birthday gifts, it seems Ann & I have continued our tradition from out LOST chats of being in each other's brains, because unknown to her I got her Chuck shirts for her birthday (which is tomorrow, Happy Birthday my dear!!!) and she got me.....*drum roll* a Chuck themed shirt
*side note* I am a born & raised New Yorker and until my early 20's lived in Brooklyn. Rats in the subway are a known issue and no shock here, but in all my years I have never seen one. That is until Sat when Jay was so kind to point one out to me. EWW!!!*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great time!!!! I miss all you Leaky peeps!
Hi Wendybird!
Followed you over from the Stag & Lily. Hugs to you and Ann and Eileen. Oh, and Kimmy in the comments. How wonderful that you all got to meet up. Miss you all.
Suzie
Sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment