So back to New York we are going....
Have you ever moved? If you have then you know what this time is going to be like as we pack, sort through stuff to weed out the junk we (ok mostly me) have accumulated over the years....It is chaos. Add to that 2 kids starting school only to have to transfer a few weeks later. And add to that one of them being a child classified as special needs....And you start to get the picture...
I am feeling the stress. I don't do well with it because at the same time this is all going on, this getting ready to move, my regular life has to go on as well. Which means I am still going to counseling, dealing with Koti's orthodontics getting started, end of summer break boredom, birthday's coming up, laundry, cooking, cleaning etc etc.....Add on top of all this that while I am excited for the way this change is going to improve our lives, I am not one who handles upheaval and change well, in fact it scares the hell out of me....I have this awful fear of the unknown, the left to chance stuff...When I know a change is coming I want it done and over as soon as possible....
Ok and I hate being faced with what an effin pack rat I am....








3 comments:
Other than going back and forth to college I lived in the same house from age 2-25. Needless to say when I moved out it was a HUGE process. Kevin and I then moved 3 times within 2 years. I now am MUCH more conscientious of what I keep and what I don't. As a result we've done a pretty good job of staying clutter free in the new house, but I know that will not last once child #1 arrives.
Good luck!!!!
I wish I could give you some of my excitement when it comes to change. I love it, just as much as I like roller coasters and really loud, hard thunderstorms. I like going through the things that I thought I needed, realizing that I don't need them, and thinking of the money that they could possibly bring on ebay or in a yard sale. I love the feeling of unpacking something and putting it in its place--the feeling of accomplishment of getting all the boxes unpacked at the end of it all (or all of them packed at the beginning).
I do have to say one thing--you are very very lucky that you don't work. Think of doing it while you are working a full-time job, too. Talk about stress!
I am so happy for you. I know it's not easy, and won't be especially for the kids, but they will get over it. I'm glad that you are going to be able to move and start anew--how wonderful to be able to say that, no matter what the circumstances are!
Massive Hugs, you'll get there xxx
Post a Comment