Monday, August 17, 2009

Shiny New Key Chain Charm

Today as with just about every Monday was my weigh0in day & Weight Watchers meeting. I felt very much at peace with today's weigh-in. This was the first time ever that I went in feeling that way. I think it was because I had such a modest wish for today. I only needed .2lbs (yep 2 tenths) to get to a total loss of 75lbs.

When you are on Weight Watchers they give you this shiny pretty copper colored keychain charm holder when you have lost 10% of your starting weight. When you have been on the program for 16 weeks you get a charm for it and when you lose 25lbs you get a silver circle that says 25lbs , you get another one at 50lbs, so I assumed a third one at 75lbs. I was really looking forward to that.

Well I went in today feeling very good about it. I stepped on the scale and.....

I lost 2.6lbs!!!! My new total loss is 77.4lbs.

The leader at the meeting said she has seen a whole new me emerging over the months I have been coming. It got me thinking about the whole "new me" thing. Is this a whole new me or is this the me I have always had in me just stuck under all the weight.

I feel more outgoing and less like I want or need to hide in the shadows. I feel like I can walk with my head up and not rush around with my head down. I like clothes shopping and make up and perfumes and getting my nails done. But I still love to play WoW, hate sweating and hate house work (even though I have the energy to do it now). I feel like I am new & different but real. I feel like I was some fake shell of me before.

Also, being on Weight Watchers has done something else for me. It has made my marriage better. Jay & I are doing the program together and we cheer each other on, feel pride in each others accomplishments and spend time walking, working out & talking...Really talking...We have created this "safe zone" on our walks where we can talk about and say anything we need to. It has created a strong bond between us that I don't know would have been formed without taking this journey to weight loss and healthy living together.

I feel ready to share my complete progress now where as I only felt comfortable sharing my loss amounts before...
I started at: 280.8lbs (ewww I cant stand that I let myself get that big)
as of today: 203.4lbs
total loss so far of 77.4lbs
clothes sizes have gone down from 28-30 to 18
I am thinking I have between 63-83ish pounds to go but I wont talk about goal much until I am a lot closer and have a more firm one in mind.





3 comments:

Brandy said...

OMG you are amazing! You are a total inspiration to anyone who wants to lose weight and better their lives. I know what you mean about the feeling that you can now LIVE life, really and truly, instead of watching others do it. You can be a WOMAN, and not just the husk of one. You can be a MOTHER, instead of the lump that just gives directions. And you can be a WIFE, and can share in things that you didn't know needed to be shared before. I am excited and happy and just so overjoyed for you! You make my day with your obvious blossoming in your words.

I <3 you!

Forever Incomplete said...

Wow. I am wicked proud of you.

Melissa said...

WAY TO GO, Wendy!!!!!!!! That is a FANTASTIC achievement so far! *hugs*