Thursday, August 6, 2009

In The Eyes Of A Middle Child

Today we dropped Ryan off at the Army office where he and a couple of other guys will take a shuttle over to Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn NY where they will spend the night tonight and then starting first thing tomorrow morning spend the day having his physical and sign his official contract.

Joshie & Koti went with me to drop him off. We took him to make sure everything was set and then we leave. As we are leaving Koti looks very thoughtful and asks when Ryan will home again and I explain that he will be home tomorrow and that he doesn't leave for the Army until July. She looked sad during this so I was thinking she was sad over her big brother leaving home....

...Not so much!! She was sad he wasn't leaving now...She said she is happy that for the next 24 hours she is the oldest kid at home and cant wait for him to leave so she can be the oldest always and go upstairs and be in Ryan's room. It is the finished half of our attic and has some hidden cool factor that as an adult I guess I just don't get.

clearly she has some middle child issues...oh and of course this whole conversation cracked me up...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Dear, I don't know if that's funny or sad!!! I'll probably go with funny, though. For a couple of years I was an only child. Then my parents gave me a little brother. That was fine. We each had our own room and all was ok. Then it happened. Five years after my brother was born, they had a little girl. My sister came into this world with all the love a sister could have--and it remained so until she became old enough to NOT be sharing a room with my brother and I was no longer the one with my own room. Nearly eight years separate us in age, but my resentment over her nasty ass clutter in our room has continued into adulthood. It does not surprise me she's a freak. After living in the same room with her, it's a wonder I'm not in a mental institution (although whether I actually belong in one is debatable). So, yes, the half attic room is pretty cool, even for me! I had a friend whose room was in the attic, and it was brilliant. Yay for Koti!