Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Broken- The Song, Not Me

I am a noob when it comes to music while Jay seems to be a genius. Now, I don't like everything he does or everything he sends me to listen to but 95% of the time I do. A lot of the time he ends up giving me songs to listen to that I fall so in love with that I cant stop listening to them. This song is one of them. I tear up every time I hear it and cry many and it is so perfectly achy that it is awesome. I thought I would share it with you and if you don't mind from time to time I will share more with the artist name so you can go listen to it and will post the lyrics too. Here it is (oh and if you have a song that makes you cry or ache with it's perfection please share it with me in the comments):

Broken by Seether with Amy Lee
I wanted you to know
That I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
And I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't wanna feel right
when you're gone away

You've gone away
You don't feel me here anymore

The worst is over now
And we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high and steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn
And no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away

You've gone away
You don't feel me anymore

1 comment:

Forever Incomplete said...

Isn't Amy Lee the lead singer of Evanescence? Shoot. Now I have to google it.