Sunday, September 12, 2010

I have my priorities straight!!!!

I spent the day with Eileen, Jules, Libby & Patrick yesterday romping around NYC. It was the first time I got to meet Jules, her awesome daughter Libby and Patrick. Jules & Patrick are 2 of the hosts of the very funny and potterific podcast GalleryCast.
The day was a laugh fest and of course no romp in the city with new tourists is complete in my eyes without a trip to the NY Public Library where this time we discovered in the children's room a display with the original stuffed animals that inspired A. A. Milne  to write Winnie The Pooh 

Well at dinner in this really nice Italian place (Bricco) I get a text from Jay who was home with the kids. It said "I'm sorry...it was an accident." my first reaction? "What did you do to my Macbook?" Then I shared this with the group. Libby agreed with me, this was a high priority. But Jules said her first question would be what happened to the kids. My thought on that? "I have insurance on the kids." I have my priorities straight!!!!!

As to what the accident really was only those of you who are WoW players will find humor in this because you are feeling the same pre-expansion blahs Jay is. He rolled a Mage...
For anyone wondering about the restaurant it was very nice. When it works they have brick oven pizza. The waiter had an italian accent (real? not sure). The food though was very good. Libby and I were as good as one on Weight Watchers can be in this type of place and went for the special they had, Whole Wheat Mushroom Ravioli. It was in a tomato basil sauce that had the slightest touch of cream. It was very, very good! 
Oh and for you Apple Geek friends, Libby & I went into the Apple Store on 5th Ave. Coolest store entrance ever!! It's a glass cube with steps going down to the store which is underground. I did a bad thing in there. I have up until yesterday not allowed myself to play with the iPad when I am in an Apple store. Well yesterday I did and now I REALLY, REALLY want one!!!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband has an iPad and LOVES it. I keep trying to steal it, however as I have both an iPhone and macbook it's just not fair.

I'm glad you had a great time!!!

Madeline said...

I'm glad you had a great time!! I love New York City and I wish I lived closer to it. And that pasta sounds delicious!!!!

Wendy said...

Kimmy, I have an iphone and a macbook too, and a kindle I got almost 2 years ago, but the iPad would replace my kindle (reaching I know lol) so I don't need one, but it is so pretty and shiny so I want one LOL
Madeline, it really was a lovely pasta dish, and their bread was so warm and yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

So funny - I've been in the Apple Store pretty much everyday for the past month. I'm trying to commit a cardinal sin - get one of the genius freaks to help me upgrade my blog - thus far- no dice. As for the Ipad, I have requested it for my birthday from my loving parent's. Since there happens to be an Apple store at Foxwoods, I may just get lucky. Big Hugs! Wendy