Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Life In Songs

I have taken my favorite lines from my most listened to songs and put them together to make a story of me. Song titles & artists at the end. This is a work in progress and I will be adding and changing it from time to time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And I can see the fear in your eyes
I've seen it materialize
Growing stronger each day
I could see it as you turned to stone
Still clearly I can hear you say
Don't leave, don't give up on me

There's a fine line between love and hate and I don't mind

I love how you make it work your way and I love how you make me stay and I love how you make it all ok

Never again will I be dishonored
And never again will I be reminded
Of living in the world of the jaded
They kill my inspiration
It's my obligation
To never again, allow this to happen

This self discovery
Redemption taking hold of my mind
A serenade of haunting voices
Calling me away


I'm so fed up with everyone around me
No one seems to care
I'm just so far gone and nothing's gonna change
I'll never be the same
It's always do this, do that, everything they want to
I don't wanna live that way

It's never enough, no it's never enough
I'll never be what you want me to be
It's all so messed up and no one ever listens

In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete
Drawn only to be washed away
For the time that I've been given
I am what I am
I'd rather hate you for everything you are
Than ever love you for something you are not
I'd rather you hate me for everything I am
Than have you love me for something that I can't


Left alone with only reflections of the memory
To face the ugly girl that's smothering me
Sitting closer than my pain


I'm alive, I'm alive
I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing


I don't ask for much
Truth be told i'd settle
For a life less frightening, a life less frightening


Everything's so blurry
and everyone's so fake
and everybody's empty
and everything is so messed up


It's hiding in the dark, it's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me, it wants my soul, it wants my heart
No one can hear me scream, maybe it's just a dream
Maybe it's inside of me, stop this monster


The echoes of my voice
Follow me down
The shadows I cast
Follow me down
Deeper I'm falling
Into the arms of sorrow
Blindly descending
Into the arms of sorrow


This distance, this dissolution
I cling to memories while falling
Sleep brings release, and the hope of a new day


I need serenity
In a place where I can hide
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by
Where do we go when we just don't know
And how do we relight the flame when it's cold
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing
And when will we learn to control
Tragic visions slowly stole my life
Tore away everything
Cheating me out of my time
I'm the one who loves you
No matter wrong or right
And every day I hold you


And I
I do not dare deny
The basic beast inside
It's right here, it's controlling my mind


Memories consume
Like opening the wound
I'm picking me apart again

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit 


I may be dumb
But I'm not a dweeb
I'm just a sucker with no self esteem


And I'm staring down the barrel of a 45,
I'm swimming through the ashes of another life
There's no real reason to accept the way things have changed
Staring down the barrel of a 45


Are you there can you hear me
Are you there can you feel me
Just in the way all your fingertips touch me
They are healing


I get off on you getting off on me
It’s a give and take
Kind of love we make


I breathe you in again, just to feel you..
underneath my skin, holding onto..
the sweet escape...


Now I found my way to solid ground
I left behind the feeling
That I've been a fool
I feel much stronger now, I am not the same


Fully alive
More than most
Ready to smile and love life
Fully alive



My love is just waiting
To turn your tears to roses
I will be the one that's gonna hold you
I will be the one that you run to
My love is a burning, consuming fire
No, you'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars


Songs Used:
Two Weeks by All That Remains
Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin
Love How You by Damsels in Distress
I'm Alive by Disturbed
Into The Night by Disturbed
Never Enough by Five Finger Death Punch
Sorrow by Flyleaf
All Around me by Flyleaf
Life Less Frightening by Rise Against
Blurry by Puddle of Mudd
Monster by Skillet
The Arms of Sorrow by Killswitch Engage
The End of Heartache by Killswitch Engage
Serenity by Godsmack
Evolution by Korn
Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park
Self Esteem by The Offspring
45 by Shinedown
Waking Up by 10 years
I Get Off by Halestorm
Familiar Taste of Poison by Halestorm
Unchained by Lacuna Coil
Fully Alive by Flyleaf
Whispers in the Dark by Skillet

No comments: