Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year (only a day late)

I want to start by wishing you all a very happy & healthy new year!!
I have been a bit remiss in keeping this blog active...but life gets so hectic. So here is my plan for this posting. I will update you on a few things and lay out my goals for the new year.
Update:
Ryan: He has started to make some small improvements in his tude, still needs some work but he has been better. He is now only failing one class, English since he has pulled his Alg.2 grade up from an F into the C's. He has a job now and I love the irony of it. He is working at the library.
Koti & Joshie are doing great. Koti is loving third grade and seems to have taken on her parents love of the internet. Joshie's speech seems to be getting better every day!!
Jay has lost just under 100lbs this year and is the first to admit that the weight loss journey we started back when we saw our pictures from my mother's wedding has not only done wonders for our looks and health but has really improved our marriage too. I love him dearly and am so proud of him.
As for me in 2009 I lost a total of 106.4 pounds, came off all medicines and read more than my goal of 52 books (list can be seen here). I also found the most amazing group of friends. I had known many of them from my time as a staff member at Leaky but got to meet many of them in person at Leaky Con '09 back in May. Then through FB & Twitter meet even more and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that HP fandom members make the best friends!!!

Goals for 2010:
1) Lose 44.4 pounds and make it to my goal (at least it is my goal right now and it could go lower when I see how I feel there) weight of 130lbs.
2) Read 65 books this year. (already have The Hobbit & The Lord of The Rings trilogy ready to start the year off with)
3) Be more patient.
4) Blog more, even if to just post a hello I am here type post. I am going to be shoot for twice a week.
5) Continue the journey to feel more comfortable in my own skin.

And that wraps up my first post of the new year. I hope this new year & new decade bring you all wonder and joy!

No comments: