Sunday, March 22, 2009

A New Level Of Lazy

I just don't get it. Joshua is a kid who is on the go from the moment he wakes up until the moment he is forced to stop either for a nap or at bedtime, and some days he fights the nap and won't do it. Those days are terrible but that's another story. But I see today that active doesn't mean he isn't lazy. Today he reached a new level on my lazy meter.

I was sitting here enjoying the time, answering an email to a fellow book lover, my friend Lori who spent a number of years as a children's librarian, and who it is such a pleasure to talk books with. So anyway, here I was telling Lori about my thoughts on the Twilight movie when I hear Joshie whining about needing a blankie and being cold. So I stop mid thought and go to check him and see why he is whimpering like a puppy tossed out in the rain. There he is laying on the the couch (his couch according to him, the one that is in his living room) and the blanket is there on the couch at his feet and the corner of which is in his hand and all he had to do was tug and he would have been covered. But nooooo....How lazy is this kid that he needs me to come from another room to cover him with a blanket that was already in his hands? He gets the Homer Simpson king of lazy award today.....

No comments: