Friday, March 27, 2009

If This Happened To You I Would FInd It Funny....

...However since it happened to me, it is very much not funny!!!

Let me start by tell you that the button on the door of my dishwasher is broken. You just have to push the door in to get it to close and yank real hard to open it, the button that you are supposed to have to press to open it is just there and broken, not doing it's job. Hold that little tidbit in your mind.

Joshua loves to be in the kitchen with me when I cook. He likes to help. He likes to taste some things as they get added to a dish, like cheese, if there is cheese the child is tasting.
Well last night I had a pan in the oven with this yummy and I might add very low point dinner. It is brown rice, mushrooms, onions and V8 Garden Broccoli soup topped with chicken breast. Really yummy!! While that is baking I make stuffed portabello caps. They are topped with shredded mozzarella. Well Joshie helped me sprinkle the cheese on and of course I let him eat some, it is cheese and he is part mouse I think. Well we are done and the pan with the mushrooms is on the counter waiting it's turn in the oven. On the stove top is this griddle thing that goes over two burners. I use it every morning and it is to big to really fit in my limited cabinet space so it sits on the stove top.

The timer beeps and I take the pan out of the oven with that chicken dish I mentioned and place it on the stove top next to the griddle thing. I go to grab the pan of mushrooms to pop in the oven and I see Joshua is eating all the cheese off of them. Cheese that I might mention has been measured very carefully to stay with in the Weight Watchers points I have set aside for the dish. I yell stop and he looks up, clearly busted. He pushes the pan away from himself sort of like, hey what I didn't do anything...

And then...well then it all went wrong, horribly, not even remotely funny unless it happens to someone other then me wrong...
The mushroom pan hits the griddle thing which then hits the pan of chicken....
The pan of chicken, in slow motion I swear it, falls over and lands back in the oven upside down. The rice and mushroom mix splatters every where. And instantly begins to cook into the bottom, side and door of the oven...

Of but is that was all...So I start to try and wipe it up before it gets really burned on. Some how in all the shuffling around and moving of things I must have bumped the on button on the dishwasher...I must have because I suddenly feel HOT water spraying on my legs....Since that button I started this story with is broken the dishwasher can apparently turn on even when the door is not really closed all the way...Water was spraying out of this stupid machine and all over me, the floor, the cabinets, the walls...puddles formed quickly...

The only thing I can think of to be glad for in all this mess is that I didn't try to catch the pan bare handed and burn myself..



Oh and dinner? I was able to save the chicken and serve it sliced on lettuce and we had chicken salads for dinner...

And as I said, this would all have struck me as funny if it were not happening to me....

1 comment:

Laura said...

Okay, you're right... this is a bit funny from an outsider's POV =P but mainly I'm glad no one was hurt! This was a case of bad to worse, but sounds like you salvaged dinner. Yay!