I got a message from one of my best friends after my last post telling me they were glad to hear from me because I had been very quiet on twitter and facebook lately.
I thought maybe I should explain.
I have been feeling very overwhelmed by life.
Moving was supposed to make life easier, but getting to that point is more stressful than I ever thought. It didn't just happen...And there is a light on the horizon but making it there...well...things like more money & less worry would be nice right?
And depression for me is a physical thing. It makes things feel magnified. Sights, sounds, feelings...I get what feels like sensory overload. I have not needed medication as of yet, the new therapist told me if we ever feel it is needed not to feel like I failed...But for now being in therapy keeps things in check. The problem is that if I go more than 2-3 weeks without a session the "Dark" for lack of a better word comes back. Between me being sick (between Thanksgiving and New Years weekend I was sick more days than not), Joshie being sick, holidays, school vacations..well my sessions have been sporadic since Thanksgiving and until yesterday my last one was the week before Christmas.
I have not been able to keep up with Facebook & Twitter and I do miss you all, these places have always been a way for me to keep up with the awesome friends I have made since joining Leaky and the friends I made just by being on FB & Twitter. I do have a tumblr too, it isn't as intimate at this blog but it has felt like a life preserver these past few weeks. I practiced saying stuff "out loud" there I had not told anyone but a handful of people and found out I am not alone in what I have been through. Sadly things like child abuse & rape are so much more common then I ever imagined and that is so awful but so helpful (sick sounding but true).
I owe James a huge thanks because one morning I woke up and in my box was a file with a Tim Minchin concert. I mentioned seeing Tim on Graham Norton (BBC America and Doctor Who have also been life preservers) and so he sent me this gift. I know he thinks it's no big deal but it is because listening to it has been making me laugh and I needed that. Laughing really does help. He didn't know I was in pain but he thought of me and that is what friends do right?
There is an episode of Doctor Who, Vincent and The Doctor. I have watched it 4 times and I have cried every time. There is a line that sums up how I feel. It is said that van Gogh turned his pain and torment into something of ecstatic beauty. I can relate to that. It is something I need to do with my life. It is why I want to write, if I don't the words burn me from the inside out. I need to take back control and use what I have for something other than the ugly that the scars show.
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I just watched my first episode of Dr. Who yesterday! I've been meaning to get into Dr. Who since I started getting to know so many people in the HP fandom after LeakyCon, because so many of you cool people are Whovians and I figured it has to be good. I have a new Nerdfighter friend on campus this year, and she never watched LOST but loves the Doctor, so we're introducing each other to it over the long weekend. :)
P.S. It's good to see you writing again. Maybe I'll get around to blogging myself at some point, haha...
Just wanted to give you a big cyber hug, because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I struggled with "the dark". That feeling of negative aspects amplified, where everything that is wrong rolls over and over in your mind until you just want to crawl into bed and cry, because you see no way out.
I refused meds for the longest time, but finally gave into Zoloft, and so far I'm liking it. Not to say you should run out and get it, because I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from and it has to be YOUR choice. Don't let anyone say you need it, because it's none of their damn business ;)
Oh and also...totally forgiven for being MIA - I have been too! What is it with this time of year that makes us so scattered?
Post a Comment