Friday, November 6, 2009

I have become MacGyver


Has anything like this ever happened to you?
Yesterday I was going to bake a cake for Koti & Joshie's playdate with birthday cake (aka not a party party). I hunted around trying to find something I could put on the cake for each of them. A candle or topper of some sort. I finally got the local bakery to sell me the topper even though I didn't want to buy a cake. Ouch it was pricey but I was hero to Joshie because I got him Lightening McQueen & Mater cars.

So back to yesterday. I was putting the extra foil baking pan on the top of my stove and it had the writing gel and the pack of cars in it. While getting the other pan ready I must have bumped the stove because the pan and the cars & gel fell behind the stove!!!

I didn't know what to do but I was not going to go buy more cars...So I remembered a Myth Busters episode recently testing the wonders of Duct Tape....I got a swiffer broom handle, wrapped the end in Duct Tape and climbed on my counter and used this pole to stab around behind the stove to try and fish out the cars...

I was able to, finally and this is the cake that is the product of my misadventure:

1 comment:

Daniel said...

haha!! that's totally awesome, Wendy. ah, the wonders of duct tape =D